We can’t wait to be a part of one of the most innovative events of the year, and … we have some exciting news to share at this year’s event. Sign up for a one-on-one meeting with the team and we’ll fill you in 😉 !
We asked our Twistle Advisors what they’re looking most forward to as HIMSS18 draws near. Spanning specialties across the healthcare industry and working in systems across the countries, here’s what they had to say:
If you were a CMIO or CIO of a health system, what would be your primary focus?
- Cost cutting
- Creating a very user-friendly system for patients and healthcare providers
- Making the management of the EMR as friendly and safe as possible – integration with the disparate platforms
- Learning about things that can solve real-world problems.
Which HIMSS topics appeal to you the most?
- Consumer and Patient Engagement
- Improving Quality Outcomes through Health IT
- Process Improvement, Workflow, Change Management
- Direct marketing to patients is now an essential in my opinion. With all the patient satisfaction assessments that all heal are systems are now engaging, patients can greatly influence how healthcare is administered.
This year's HIMSS conference is in Las Vegas, NV. If you've been to Las Vegas, what recommendations do you have for attendees visiting the city?
- Restaurants: Echo and rig, Anthony’s
- Shows & attractions: Not a good use of your time
- Other: Airbnb
- Protein bars
Visit Twistle at
Innovation Live HIMSS18
Level 1 | Hall G | Booth 9900
New to HIMSS18, Innovation Live brings together startups, accelerators, and other innovative companies to showcase the future of healthcare through disruptive, cutting-edge technologies.
Participate in hands-on educational experiences in the Developers Innovation Lab and MakerSpace, focused on a variety of topics and technologies.
Share innovative ideas and practices with colleagues and other experts during networking tables, receptions and more.
Watch Innovation Live:
Dr. John Monson and Dave Ross walk through the pains and wins of incorporating
technology into your patient engagement and enhanced recovery initiatives…
How do we get started with patient engagement technology?
How do we sell this internally?
How will this save out team money, time and improve the patient experience?
Dr. John Monson, MD
Colon and Rectal Surgeon
John R.T. Monson, MD is a colon and rectal surgeon, fellowship trained in surgical oncology. His areas of expertise include the use of minimally invasive technologies in colorectal cancer treatment, including Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEMS), laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery. He is a current member of the Commission on Cancer and Steering Committee for the National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer (NAPRC).
Dave has spent over 15 years in Healthcare IT, leading software development and deployment over a wide range of technology and product areas, with a special focus on mobile apps and interoperability. Prior to joining Twistle, Dave spent over 8 years at Albany Medical Center in upstate New York as Director of IT Services. Dave has a background in software engineering and holds a BS in Information Systems from the State University of New York.
Try Out Twistle Before the Event
Walk through an interactive clinical pathway. Experience the automated patient journey – sending the right information at the right time…
- Chatbot Automation Engine
- Clinically Validated Pathway Library
- Configurable Surveys and Forms
- Reputation Management Pathway
- Clinical Instruction Cards
- HIPAA Compliant Secure Messaging
- EHR and Smart Device Integration
- PRO and Data Collection Integration